The seventh International Swiss Talent Forum will be held at the Congress Hotel Seepark in Thun, Switzerland. The hotel is surrounded by time-honoured trees, directly on the banks of Lake Thun in immediate vicinity to the city. What began in 1989 as a training centre of the former Swiss Bank Corporation is now a relaxed and friendly 4 stars Superior Hotel. Thanks to a successful mix of modern hotel lifestyle and professional conference hotel culture, the number of individual guests at the hotel has been rising steadily. In the elegant and tasteful environment, surrounded by Swiss works of art, guests at Hotel Seepark should feel comfortable and relaxed. Our flair and passion for hospitality further contribute to this.
Congress Hotel Seepark · Postfach · CH-3602 Thun
Phone: +41 (0)33 226 12 12
Fax: +41 (0)33 226 15 10
How to get there
By Public Transport
- From the international airports Zurich/Geneva approximately 2 hours train journey to Thun (you may need to change trains in Bern)
- From the local airport Bern-Belp by Taxi in approximately 30 minutes
- From the Thun train station every 10 to 15 minutes with the number 1 bus service from Thun train station to Gwattzentrum in 5 minutes (Seepark stop)
- By taxi from Thun train station (5 minutes)
By Private Transport
- Take the Autobahn exit Thun Süd, continue 1km in the direction of Thun, past MMM Migros Zentrum
- Continue 1 km to the traffic lights
- After 600m, turn right at the Hotel Holiday into Seestrasse (sign for Seepark)
- continue another 500m to the Congress Hotel Seepark Thun
Seepark Thun has limited parking in the underground garage and around the hotel. We ask that guests use public transport where possible.
Participation at ISTF is free! All you need to bring is an open and motivated attitude.
Official ISTF partners and sponsors have covered costs, including:
- Registration for the event
- Participants’ board and accommodation, including meals and refreshments
- The ISTF social program
Participants from abroad will receive a full reimbursement of their travel expenses (conditions apply).
Terms and Conditions
You are eligible to apply, if you are:
- a motivated and talented young person aged 18 – 22
- in your final years of high school (grammar school or professional school), or enrolled in bachelor studies at college or university
- really interested in the topic and committed to achieving change in our world
- fluent in spoken and written English
- Students from outside Switzerland are eligible to attend by invitation only: you must be recommended by your National Youth Science Foundation Organiser, or a winner of your National Youth Science Competition
Please note that the application deadline for ISTF 2018 is over and registration is no longer possible. Information about the 2019 programme will be posted in summer 2018.
Schweizer Jugend forscht
Project Manager ISTF
Phone: +41 (0)31 377 71 00
Direct line: +41 (0)31 377 71 05
Fax: +41 (0)31 377 71 01