ISTF 2020: Wednesday 05th to Saturday 08th February 2020
The ninth International Swiss Talent Forum will be held at the Hotel Sempachersee in Nottwil. Located in the heart of Switzerland, outfitted with modern facilities, and fully tailored to your needs, the Hotel Sempachersee ensures that your stay near Lucerne will be an exciting experience. The hotel’s restaurants, bars, lobby and reception area, and above all the conference infrastructure itself, were given a comprehensive makeover and a brand new lease of life in 2017. Together with the innovative outdoor conference platforms, the modernised conference rooms, which are cooled with lake water, represent a source of added dynamism for successful conferences. The 150 newly designed hotel rooms, spread across five pavilions and the separate hotel annexe, impress guests with their stylish interior and offer a high level of comfort.
How to get there
By Public Transport
- From Nottwil station – ten minutes away – trains run every half hour to and from Lucerne and (via Sursee) to and from Basel, Bern, Geneva and Zurich.
- Regional bus network stops:
NBF 62, bus stop Nottwil, Eymatt SPZ
NBF 65, stop Nottwil, SPZ
Participation at ISTF is free! All you need to bring is an open, innovative, and motivated attitude.
Official ISTF partners will cover all costs for the duration of the Forum, including:
- Registration for the event
- Participants’ board and accommodation, including meals and refreshments
- The ISTF social program
Participants from abroad will receive a full reimbursement of their travel expenses to Switzerland (conditions apply). Insurance and additional personal expenses, as well as visas to enter Switzerland (for those who require one) will not be covered. However, all participants (Swiss and international) are required to cover the costs of railway and bus tickets within Switzerland themselves. You are also responsible for insurance, as well as additional personal expenses and hotel extras such as telephone costs or consumption at the hotel bar. Furthermore, the evening of Thursday, 06th February 2020 is a free evening and participants may have dinner outside of the conference venue at their own discretion and expense.
Terms and conditions
Are you driven by a need for achievement and the desire to make a meaningful difference? For the 9th time, in 2020 we will be uniting 70 of the most inspiring, interesting, enthusiastic, determined, innovative young talents from Europe, Asia, USA and beyond, for a fully-funded, life-changing youth opportunity. Come along and acquire a skill set that is not only useful in the context of the annual topic, but essential for any person’s ability to succeed in an ever changing and increasingly competitive global society.
You are eligible to apply, if you are:
- a motivated and talented young person aged 18 – 23 at the time of the Forum
- in your final years of high school (grammar school or professional school), or enrolled in bachelor studies at college or university
- really interested in the topic and committed to achieving change in our world
- fluent in spoken and written English
- Students from outside Switzerland: are eligible to attend by invitation only. You must be a finalist of your National Youth Science Competition and be nominated by your National Youth Science Foundation Organiser.
Schweizer Jugend forscht
Karin Büchler, PhD
Project Manager ISTF
Direct line: +41 (0)31 511 52 50
E-mail: [email protected]